When a baby is born, so is a mom.
Becoming a mother is transformational: it is simultaneously beautiful and overwhelming. And motherhood can be hard, but you’re not alone. I am here for you.
Just like there are birth doulas who support women during labour, postpartum doulas support women once they have their babies.
My goal is to support and care for you as a mom so you can focus on loving and caring for your baby. Every family’s needs are unique. If you require something other than what is detailed below, please contact me at the bottom of this page and we will see if we can accommodate.
Here are some of the ways I will support you on your journey:
- Listen and provide emotional support and a safe space for you to talk about any challenges or concerns you have. Perhaps you need to talk about your birth experience.
- Help you develop a simple self-care plan.
- Cook homemade meals for you. You can choose from some options I have or you can provide me with a recipe of your favourite comfort food.
- Light housework such as folding laundry, dishes, tidying.
- Entertain an older child while you and baby rest.
- Hold your baby while you bathe or shower.
- Help you with baby-wearing.
- Attend appointments with you.
- Provide breastfeeding support.
- Guide you through baby care such as diapering, changing, feeding, soothing, and infant massage.
- Play gatekeeper: if you don’t want to answer your phone or get company, I can gently and firmly pass along the message to protect your quiet time.
- Find extra resources if you need them.
What I will not do:
- Tell you what to do: I believe in you as a mom, and I want you to believe in yourself as a mom. Every mom has to find what works for her, and what worked for me won’t necessarily work for you. Instead, I will support you as you find your way.
- Provide parenting advice: again, I cannot and should not tell you what to do with your baby. Instead, I will provide you support so you are confident to make our own decisions.
- Provide medical advice: I am not a medical professional. Instead, I can help you find helpful resources or make appointments.
Services start at $200. Contact me below for complete pricing details.